BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

What Inspires Me

Its so nice to go someplace and get a dose of good, positive energy, to not only recharge yourself but to also bring your vibration back into alignment. Wherever you go to do this, the mountains, taking your dog to the park, going to church, a trip to the lake, walking along the beach, dinner with friends or just a quiet spot to watch the sunset, the location is irrelevant. What matters is how you feel while you're there. Do you come back feeling refreshed, rejuvenated, inspired? Do you come away with an intense appreciation for life? If the answer is yes, then this was time well spent.

Abraham uses the analogy of a river representing our fast paced lives. The current of life is always flowing, very fast, very strong. Its so easy to become overwhelmed by it, to panic at the velocity at which it sweeps you along. I find myself struggling to keep my head up, fearing that I'll be capsized, pulled under. The more overwhelmed I feel, the harder I start flailing, pushing against the current. As Abraham teaches, all too often, I find myself pointed upstream, fighting the current as I struggle through life with my disability. Now, with all that's going on with my personal life, I feel the fear and anxiety of not having enough money to survive and support my daughter and of having to rely so heavily on others just to get through my daily activities. As hard as it is, I know I have to let go of the negative emotions that I feel. Let go, be ok with where I am and slowly but surely turn downstream. So how do I do that?

I must stay focused on what I really want (freedom, independence, Well-Being, joy) and stop dwelling on what I don't want (poverty, paralysis, dependency). I need to stay connected to my Source (God). I need to see and appreciate Source in everything.

So here is a big thank you to the beautiful and inspirational people of last night's Tea Time with Mary. Thank you Rains and Desire for your words of inspiration and enthusiasm. And thank you Mary for sharing your beautiful inner light that we all find so infectious. You all helped me to boost my energy and raise my vibration. This inspired me to write this post, to hopefully pay it forward, to inspire.

3 comments:

foxy said...

You have an amazing way with words and are certainly an inspiration! Thanks for stopping by my place, sitsta... I'll definitely be back here for more.

foxy said...

And I'm just sayin... write away! I would totally buy your book.

Michelle (hometc) said...

What an honor, Foxy. Thank you for the kind words and support it means alot and is much appreciated.